1. Increase School Attendance and Retention: By offering meals to students, school feeding programs
seek to incentivize regular school attendance and reduce absenteeism.
2. Enhance Learning and Academic Performance: improve students’ concentration, memory, and
overall cognitive abilities, leading to enhanced learning outcomes and academic performance.
3. Improve Nutrition: By providing regular nutritious meals, the program aims to meet the dietary
needs of students, promote healthy growth and development, and reduce malnutrition.
4. Promote Health and Well-being: By promoting health and well-being, the program aims to instill
lifelong healthy habits in students.
5. Alleviate Hunger and Food Insecurity: It aims to alleviate hunger and reduce the burden of food
insecurity on students and their families.
6. Address Social Inequalities: It aims to bridge the gap in nutritional disparities and contribute to a
more equitable education system.
7. Support Local Agriculture and Economies: By purchasing food from local sources, the program aims
to create income opportunities, strengthen food systems, and promote sustainable agriculture
practices for the families of the students
8. Foster Community Engagement: to encourage community involvement and engagement by
collaborating with local stakeholders, parents, and community members. and enhances the overall
impact and sustainability of the program